Located on the Ohio River and home of the American Bridge Company, bridges have played a central role in the history of Coraopolis. Bridges spanning Coraopolis to Sewickley and Coraopolis to Neville Island have included an Old electric railway bridge 1894-1927 (demolished), a Lattice-beam cantilever truss bridge, 1911-1980 (demolished), The recycled bridge 1927-1986 (demolished), Continuous truss bridge, 1981-present, and The girder bridge 1995 - present.
Click items below to navigate to individual pages.
bridges connecting coraopolis to neville island
These bridges span(ned) the back channel of the Ohio River at mile 9.6, crossing the CSX RR (PLE RR)
- Montour Bridge, 1894-1927 (demolished)
- The recycled bridge 1927-1986 (demolished)
- The girder bridge 1995 - present