Want to learn more about Coraopolis, Pennsylvania? Coraopolis History Archive's Resources page will get you there! We provide links to local historical societies, libraries, veteran's associations, and much more! Together, we work together to create the story that is Western Pennsylvania.
History Research Archive for the Borough of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, near Moon Township, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, including historical resources, records archives, links to libraries and genealogical societies in Pennsylvania.
Looking to uncover more about the history of the Coraopolis area? Here are some good places to start! (Click on descriptions below to navigate to resources.)
- Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society, 4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, (412) 687-6811
- Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, 2207 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, (215) 545-0391
- Coraopolis Historical Society, 601 School St, Coraopolis, PA 15108, (412) 264-7238
- Moon Township Historical Society, 1700 Beaver Grade Road, Moon Twp, PA 15108, (412) 264-9085
- Neville Island Historical Society, 7118 Front River Road, Neville Twp, PA 15225, (412) 329-7734
- Sewickley Valley Historical Society, 200 Broad St, Sewickley, PA 15143, (412) 741-5315
- Robinson Township Historical Society, 1000 Churchill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, (412) 788-6795
- Pioneers West Historical Society, 1355 Noblestown Road, Oakdale, PA 15071
- Historic Pittsburgh, ULS, 3960 Forbes Ave, Oakland, PA 15260, (412) 648-3330
- Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, (412) 454-6000
- Washington County Historical Society, 49 East Maiden St, Washington, PA 15301, (724) 225-6740
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1300 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, (215) 732-6200
- Coraopolis Memorial Library, 601 School St, Coraopolis, PA 15108, (412) 264-3502
- Moon Township Public Library, 1700 Beaver Grade Rd # 100, Coraopolis, PA 15108, (412) 269-0334
- Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St, Sewickley, PA 15143, (412) 741-6920
- Robinson Township Library, 1000 Church Hill Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15204, (412) 787-3906
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, 4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, (412) 622-3114
- Historic Pittsburgh Website, hosted by University of Pittsburgh's University Library System
- Citizens Library, 55 South College St, Washington, PA 15301, (724) 222-2400
- Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North St, Harrisburg, PA 17120, (717) 783-3281
- Bureau of State Library, Forum Building, 607 South Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17120, (717) 783-5950
- Library of Congress, 101 Independence Ave SE, Thomas Jefferson Bldg, LJ G4, Washington, DC 20540, (202) 707-5537
- Maurey, Edward B., "Where the West Began: A Story of Coraopolis and The Ohio Valley," Coraopolis: Press of Record Publishing Company, 1930.
- Coraopolis Historical Society, Inc., Pub., "The Centennial History of the Borough of Coraopolis, PA," Marceline, MO: Walsworth Press, Inc., 1986, LC #86-50591.
- DeMay, John A., "The Settlers' Forts of Western Pennsylvania," Apollo, PA: Closson Press, May 1997, ISBN #0-9660243-0-3, LCCN #97-91858.
- Jockers, Robert A., DDS, "Forgotten Past," Xlibris Corporation, June 2006, ISBN #1413478921
- Sewickley Valley Historical Society, "Postcard History Series: Sewickley," Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2006, ISBN #0-7385-4555-7, LCCN #2006924303.
- Tatone, Gia, "Images of America: Coraopolis," Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2007, ISBN #978-0-73855483-9, LCCN #2007926415.
- Tatone, Gia and Dan Holland with Neville Green, "Images of America: Neville Island," Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2008, ISBN #978-0-7385-6344-2, LCCN #2008927791.
Railroads and Roads
- The Station Project - Help us restore the Coraopolis Train Station!
- Montour Railroad Historical Society
- Montour Railroad, site by Ken Caine
- Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh Roads by Bruce B. Harper
Additionally, these people do a great job preserving stories and contributing to the discussion. If you have some time, check out these sites!