St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church of Coraopolis, PA was founded in 1889 by Rev. Michael Hughes. From 1897-1925, the church was located at Fourth Avenue and Chestnut Street. The current location at 1304 Fourth Avenue was built in 1925.
History Research Archive for the Borough of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, near Moon Township, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
st. joseph roman catholic church
- Current Location: 1304 Fourth Avenue (built 1925)
- Prior Locations:
- Fourth Ave & Chestnut St (built 1897, destroyed by fire in 1941)
- First Ave, the home of Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Kelly
- Founded: 1889
- Founders: Rev. Michael Hughes
- Division: 1956, Moon Township began its own parish, St. Margaret Mary
- Church Records: unknown
- Phone: (412) 264-6162
- Website: http://www.stjosephcatholicchurch.net/
Photos by Maiden City Snapshots
Histories below were taken from the 1924 Coraopolis High School Review, and Edward S. Maurey "Where the West Began" page 66.