Coraopolis was once home to four major downtown movie theaters: The Star Theatre (formerly the Mirage Theater) at 1004 Fourth Avenue which showed silent films; The Coraopolis Theater at 1015 Fifth Avenue owned by William R. Wheat, Jr. which operated from 1920 to 1983; The Fifth Avenue Theater at 1032 Fifth Avenue which was owned and operated by A. A. Weiland, Sr.; and the Lyric Theater on Mill Street which was purchased by the Consolidated Moving Picture Company in 1911. There was also a drive-in theater called Hawkins on 51. None of these exist today.
moving picture bulletins
Looking for more information about this clip, published in the Pittsburgh Moving Picture Bulletin, volume 9-n, no 29, pg22.
If anyone has information about the theater this may be referring to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Great information from CinemaTour: